- Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology, UK, 1992.
- M.Eng. Mechanical Engineering, University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology, UK, 1988.
- B.Eng. Mechanical Engineering, National Taipei Institute of Technology, Taiwan, 1983.
The President of National Formosa University (NFU), Prof. Wen-Yuh Jywe, is a specialist in optical precision measurement, machine tool calibration measurement, precise positioning stage design, and implementation of IIOT. During his doctoral study in University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (UMIST), he developed a measurement system for CNC machine tools based on Ball-Bar technology, which has now marketed worldwide. He has served as the dean of Engineering College, the President for Research and Development of NFU and, Secretary-general, etc. He organized a research team in which members were composed of over 20 professors and 35 full-time engineers. The research results have now affected the domestic and international industries. He is also the independent directors of two foundations and is currently running many intelligent machine plans founded by Taiwan Government in the next few years. In recent years, he was awarded in many aspects:
- Outstanding Research Award from Ministry of Science and Technology, Taiwan, 2017 and 2014
- The Best Paper Award from Machine Tool Engineering Foundation, Japan, 2016
- The Industry-Academia Contributions Award for Machinery Industry from Association of Machinery Industry, Taiwan, 2016
- National Invention Gold Award from Ministry of Economic Affairs, Taiwan, 2013
- Award for Excellent Contributions in Technology Transfer from Ministry of Science and Technology, Taiwan, 2013
- National Industrial Innovation Award from Ministry of Economic Affairs, Taiwan, 2012